Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Hourglass

... and the minutes scurry away. The time is coming that I should leave, and I know that with it, it carries no regrets. However, I am starting to doubt the effectivity of this move, how will it make me forget that which lives in my heart? Is it possible to fall out of love when the love you've fallen INTO is more real and deeper than the greatest love ever immortalized in page and pen? Could I really forget the best moments in my life? Would it be fair, considering that I do not forget the worst moments all too easily?

You still look at me behind beady glasses and perhaps this steely wall that keeps your feeling locked away, hidden out of my sight. However I can still smell you, I can still see you, I can still feel you, and even though it might just be the carcass, the shell into which love was encased almost a year ago, I still love it, the way you cherish the gift's wrapping even though the gift is gone.

Nonetheless, the fact that love shines not through anymore, does not give your eyes that perfect glow ... it breaks my heart and shatters the pieces into the finest dust. I yearn for a love that doesn't live anymore, I asked and pleaded once, and even though I plead no more, my heart still yearns and cries out for the soulmate you once were. Our past has been encased and pasted into the pages behind me, I cannot reach out and relive, too certain have you made it that there's no way to return to that ecstatic state of mind, body and soul, thet merge of two into the perfect ONE that made both parts... perfect ... just as you are.

...yet again... for Heri.

No comments: