yes, from the plane... I may post this later on, but at least here, now, as I write this, i'm on board. And it's more meek, lame, mild, blah than I remember. These seats are as uncomfortable as having your dentist ask you to please remove your clothes from the waist down. This is savage: we get crammed in a barely adequate space for six people side by side, and there are eight of us here. Four on the aisle and two and two by the windows. Thankfully I got a window seat... well, does it really matter? I'm getting bored anyway, it's not like the view has anything to offer: blue blue blue blue... oh, and white and blue again. (although i just looked out the window, and there IS a zen-like appeal to the whole electric blue view .... with white little rain-sheep speckled all over... clouds are cleaner on this side).
The anxiety over meeting Dad has subsided a bit (only a bit) to be replaced by my immediate attention to the fact that my back and my neck hurt - was it the backpack? or these cruelly uncomfortable seats?
Oh, and one other little detail: I didn't know garbage traveled with us. They play VH1 on airplanes, particularly "reality" TV shows like Ashlee "Hoppity-Hop-while-the-tape-deck-plays" Simpson's. That and these people don't offer in-flight food (anymore?). At least not for free. Then again, who in their right mind woud pay $5 for airplane food? I would, only if I were flying by ACES (Colombian airline, I think it might be deceased). In any other case, they can stick their funny-tasting sandwiches up their ass. I'll have some water with 2 drops of coffee (that which gringos call coffee per se) and that granola bar you're shoving down our throats, I'm sure it tastes better than the shit you're selling, and it's for free. (Either all that makes sense, or I'm just subconsciously bitter about not getting breakfast).
But hey, this is just a few hours, after that, from what I gather, I'm getting pampered for a few days, and best of all: I get to see Dad! ^_^ (oh and another tiny plus on the side- I got a carton of Benson Menthol Light cigarettes for just $20 :-D … AND I saved a bunch of money with Geico!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment