While I was there, most of the places I went to were malls. That's what Florida appears to be - a huge strip-mall without air conditioner. One of the malls I went to was in Naples. In there we visited stores in a whimsical manner: jewelry shops, pet turtle stands with ample tanks in the center, gag stores in which we whiled away the time and worries (and the money too)... we visited a bookstore, too. Not a huge bookstore, mind you, but organized and pretty enough to vaguely remind me of Border's in Escorial Plaza (one of our main hang-out places). I don't remember what we were looking at, but I suddenly got this thought in my mind "Well, this is nice! Nice place! And tonight I get to see Eze, which makes it even bet-" ... that's when I realized: I might not need Eze around all the time, but I do like to have him close by in my life... I have come to associate him with feeling comfortable and contented with my life in general.
Nonetheless, I had a good time in Florida. There are pictures still trapped inside the mem card in my camera, but the batteries I brought along with me pulled the plug in one of the worst moments, and what's worse: I never was able to take a picture of myself with my father. But there are pictures of my father and his wife and lots of other things ... which I might share later on... as soon as I get over my rage with the batteries and decide to put them into the camera again ... or as soon as I decide to replace them with new ones.
I got here, as I said, 7/12 ... to start working right away the next day. I was so lost. Our division (IT) had moved area again. It turned out for the best, though: I got a bigger desk, with an overhead bin and drawers to boot! It looks much more organized (and it is much more organized). So at work everything is cool, plus apparently everyone decided to go on vacation next week, so those of us left have to take the week off 'cuz they're shutting down anyway. Next week is off! Weeeeee ^_^
As a matter of fact, "next week is off" is a good one for me. Eze and I have our anniversary coming up (tomorrow!) and having the whole week off, both of us, is the best unplanned program ever. But our economic situation won't let us get as "away" as we would have liked, plus now the whole dispatch of gas has been paralized by the truck-drivers' union. (Yesh, shitty island, I know) I guess next week I will get to know the public transport system a whole lot better.
My sister bought the new installment on the Harry Potter book series:
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
I started reading on Sunday or Monday, I think. I'm not even half way through the book and already some halfwit at this totally unrelated site placed the biggest spoiler right on the front page. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW! At least I was REALLY put off by this. I might as well erase the link from my bookmarks and never peek into the site again. Other than that, the book is coming along pretty nicely (I know Eze would not agree, but then again, he hasn't read through a single HP book and seems to think that it's an either/or situation when it comes to Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings).
On Tuesday I sat Chichi down to watch Spirited Away. This would be the third time I've watched this movie, and I've noticed my reactions are as varied as my PMS moods.
This scene in particular, when they're riding the train across the "lake", gave me such a sensation of loneliness ... the same sensation I felt when I took the planes to and from Florida. Same lonely sensation, specially coming back. An empty gut feeling, like the mood in a hospital hall when you have some family member sick and dying... lonely, empty, silent ...
And that is pretty much what my dreams have been like since I arrived. I don't know where the fear of being left behind came from, but it has been exacerbated since I returned, to the point of dreaming that Eze had moved to the US (an improbability, far more impossible than getting some sense into Tom Cruise in these past few weeks)...
Well ... so this has been it for now. Pictures soon, depending on my mood and state of affairs with my batteries ...
BTW: put up a new blog, quite limited in theme, but hey! it's my space, and I think an open space for the subject of "pets" was long overdue anyways. I placed my first adoptee as first post, but I don't know why it won't play on the main window, like Mika's does! HELP?

3 comments:
cuando lo puse la primera vez el perrito no salia, intente con otro codigo distinto y me funciono, tendras que verificar a ver, intenta dandole preview antes de postiar para ver si el perrito se mueve
hehehe, me quede pensando en el perrito y lo mio es un tigre blanco!!
Thank you for your excellent comments on my blog! Don't be a stranger... you're always welcome there.
Post a Comment