Many things have come down since last time I wrote. I did have my one-week vacation, which was spent mostly apartment-hunting with Eze and Fonso. I had time to rest, to fool around, to stay up very very late... my last day, I went to a wake, though, something that shook the core of my small group of friends. M.'s mother died, and although I didn't know the lady, when Eze told me, it hit me like a stone to the face.
Strangely enough, even if my mother came to mind, it hurt most because of M., because I know how much this must hurt her. What else could I say at a moment like this? These are probably the kind of moments in which silence is perfection.
...
The move will start on Friday most possibly. Our new landlord's name is Edwin ("Hi! My name is Edwin! I will be your landlord today!" <-- yes, I could easily picture this rosy-cheeked person saying that) and the apartment is, for lack of better words, almost perfect:
3 spacy rooms
ample common space (living room/dining room)
a killer view (this is almost in the heart of our capital city, and you can see as far as the mountains, even on a hazy day)
very nice ventilation (a breeze runs through it, YES!)
The only deal that concerns me a bit is the Luna(dog)/Chivita(cat) interaction possibilities:
Worst case scenario: Cat & Dog will hate each other to death, or at least to the point of trying to kill each other, and Luna will have to spend weekdays, 8AM - 5PM, inside our room, destroying everything in sight out of pure boredom or desperation to get out.
Best case scenario: They will ignore each other, in which case it would be fine and dandy, I could let Luna roam the place freely during the day.
Another option would be to leave Luna at Mom's during the week, and then have a divorced-parent-like deal in which I could pick her up on Friday and return her Sunday night. But I still have heavy doubts, even about that arrangement, which would mean possible feelings of unstability and anxiety for Luna. Plus Monday was Ex-Pet Day too...
Yeah, Ex-Pet Day: Aeris's owner asked me to take care of her for a few weeks, while Copito (their other dog, one cute, little, white puff who has allegedly been a wonderful playmate for Aeris)recovers from an acute heart condition. Mom said "yes" on our following phone call (she even went as far as to say "How could I say no, if you're taking me to Dianita's on saturday?" (Dianita is our hairstylist, she lives a 30-minutes drive away, and while to me that is a reasonable distance, Mom refuses to drive beyond the San Juan-Rio Piedras borders, even Guaynabo is a bit too far and to me that is just plain lazy)... then, later on I got a call from my brother, ranting about all that was wrong about putting together Hyper-jumper Luna with Uber-crazy Aeris... then when I got home, Mom went ahead and against all my wishes that she would hold true to her word, she changed her mind. Unfortunately, I'm not the vengeful type. I'm still taking her to Dianita's. But I just wish that for once she started doing things for herself. It's not even the gas expenses, I can live with that. Last known time she drove to a place more than 20 minutes away was to go to Palmas del Mar to meet up with the prick that was her lover at the time. If she could place just half the effort to do things for herself instead of doing things to please men ... **sigh**
Well, that same night, after the whole hair-rising scene that ensued out of mom's chickenshit back-out, I received a call from an unknown number. Somebody had found Cleo (my second cat, and Aeris's second playmate, being Nina - Mom's dog - her first). Now, I started wondering why the hell were they calling me. It has been more than a year since I moved out of Martha's house, handing Vero (one of my stepsisters, the oldest) the cat, a cat that was born into the family when I was 21 and working my private life away in Cabo Rojo for Unisys. I figured Vero would take good care of Cleo, I mean, this cat is family. Well, later on, long after the fact, I realized Vero had given the cat away. It didn't exactly surprise me, since she married into a family intolerant of cats (and with a combined IQ insufficient to understand that black cats are not bad luck). I trusted her, though, to had chosen an appropriate place for her, a place she would be loved and taken care of, as I did (while under my care, Cleo was spayed, tagged and got over her fear of small dogs). Surprised may I be to find that the idiot that adopted her didn't even bother to change the tag so it would display THEIR phone number! IT MAKES ME REALLY MAD!
... since life is telling me "This is what you get for giving pets away.", I'm not leaving anyone behind from now on. Luna stays with me, no matter what. Apparently you can't trust anyone, not even family, to give importance to the things you care about, much less care themsleves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment