Wednesday, September 07, 2005

September 7, 1999


FINISHED!!!






... if there were something to regret...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the hardest thing I am going to say to you so far: It's better to regret something you have done than something you haven't done. Being a parent is not for everyone and I believe that you made the right decision.

Orianna said...

I am pretty sure I did... but there will always be the smaller part in me that will regret, be it for whatever reason ... yesterday I was feeling kind of blue and unhinged for it ... today I'm fine. Thanks, though, for the words. Although I know for every one of you that gives me a thumb up, there would be thousands ready to strike me down with embers and stones.
However, it has nothing to do with religion, but with the complexity of the subconscious-mind, and how it sometimes departs from what we know to be an unquestionable truth in our lives. In this case, although I suspect I would be a mediocre parent, sometimes this little pinprick of regret comes back from 6 years ago. But, still, I know that what I did is what made me who I am, and I like myself this way so ... you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs (or so they say, I hate most omelettes, by the way) ...


sooooo: back to the regular Diana Programming! ^_^

mika flores said...

I know how you feel, I underwent this on june 22 of 2002...It took a bigger toll on me that I had expected, mainly due to the fact that I do want children...And that is the only reason why I regret my actions, but they were still the right decision given the time and circumstances

Orianna said...

:-( group hug!

Ashtear said...

Wow.... not much that I can say that has not been said already... I guess it's all reduced to hoping for the best, in that life will bring what it will bring, and we have to play with the cards that we're dealt. We all have to make decisions under fire, and, we have to do what we can to get the most out of what we have. We just have to hold on to what we have, and pray for the best.