Saturday, October 08, 2005

... well... maybe you've noticed the lack of posts here in lieu of a certain amount of attention transferred to another place. Maybe not (I still don't know how many people read my blog, still I like to explain myself to most when it comes to a change in blogging behavior).

First I discovered: http://www.43things.com. It's a page in which you develop your profile according to the things you want to do with your life. Then the page indexes your goals and you can see other people who want to do the same things as you (plus make comments on them or "Cheer" their goals, etc etc etc). I find the concept wonderful, although the place hasn't been much of a time-waster (except for the initial posts). The site also includes an easy link to http://www.43places.com/ (here you can profile the places you've been and the places you want to go).

You may see my profile at http://www.43things.com/person/dianadhevi. :-D


Then came a big hit, a site I swore to never sign into. My Space. A site into which I'd say a whole fuckload of dipshits are registering with a myriad of objectives in mind: finding a number of booty calls (or finding the one [bootycall], specially delusional young women with Hello Kitty/flowery/butterfly/color stars backgrounds and a menagerie of pop stars in their Music section). Another **commendable** objective is stating their popularity status (this should be more obvious once you know where these idiots are coming from... Pulsorock.com is a community filled with such idiots). And so on and so forth... then there are the people registering to plug their bands/products/films/writings. These, to me, are much less irritating than the first types. As a matter of fact, I find it makes the place interesting and lively, bustling with more neurons in one single band page (if it's a good one) than the whole of personal "popularity/matchmaking/friend-seeking" profiles can muster together.

I just got hooked into the compartmentalized feel to the profile, and the app that runs the blog reminds me of ujournal.org, back in the days before some biggo company absorbed the site and sent the original users packing. I might be camping there more than I'm camping here, so here I am, extending the invitatioin to YOU (yeah, you, whoever you are, I really doubt you're more than ... 4 ... in total .... if you're more, kudos to my blog for getting more audience than me) to drop into my profile (and perhaps registering in? Just keep away from gothy-lolita/cutesy backgrounds, please ... they are annoying as HELL!)

http://myspace.com/dianadhevi

Thank you!

No comments: