Friday
Went out with a very good friend. Had some Chinese food, went to Border's (ran into another friend in the meanwhile) and then took him home. Had a very nice, extended talk that evening. All this while battling the evil hordes of water droplets. It never stops raining. It would be my pleasure to say more about this particular outing, but things not to do with me, but much more to do with him, have proved to be delicate at best. I'd rather not fan the fire, and instead thank him for a great evening.
Saturday
Woke up with a mighty headache. Had to stay in bed most of the day (except to get in the car and take the mail to my grandmother's house, and pick up ours, which wasn't there... oh the fun! ¬_¬)
After waiting for Eze for what seemed like eternity (I was missing him a LOT), he picked me up and we went for a wonderful dinner at El Cairo (Arabic food). Nine months already... ^_^ it's been terrible, and wonderful, and beautiful, and confusing and ... just about everything at once. Still a lotta things to come, and I'm looking forward to all of them.
He tried calling his house a few times, and since he got no answer from anyone, we set our way to Toa Baja to check on his family. Thankfully, they were ok and having a quiet night in.
We then set back to Santurce, stopped at Isla de Cabra (right by the entrance, the place is closed) to see San Juan from another point of view (beautiful, but too crowded), and then it was straight to his apartment. (...) <-- censorship is a bitch, huh? SHUT IT!
Sunday
We woke up at about 10 AM or 11, can't recall. Eze's idea for the day was going to Cubo, where the anniversary is taking place, to help Alfonso do some stuff for the stage and soundproof the place a bit (feedback monster prevention). I asked him to take me home: I wasn't feeling my best to have a day spent at woodwork.
Thing is that on the way, Eze received a phone call from the tech on schedule at the radio station. The girl was in hysterics: the place was getting flooded. We headed there immediately. And no wonder she was hysterical: there was at least an inch of water covering the hallway. I was aghast, couldn't say anything already. When we went into Eze's office, it was even worse ... the water was rushing out of the record room (the place where the station keeps all recordings of the programs transmitted, EVER). We couldn't see what was going in there, we had no key to the room, the lights were off, and scarier still, the door's glass was fogged. All you oculd hear was a rush of water in there, like a shower. Scary.
After a while, when they turned on the lights and could go into the room, we saw that the ceiling had collapsed: the A/C ducts had become engorged with water and had burst ! It was a ghastly sight... and depressing. It was saddenning to see all these people: Eze, his coworkers and supervisors, watch helplessly as water still drizzled over a 25 years' worth of work. My heart goes out to them. I tried helping, but the cold water plus the A/C still on full blast coaxed out what could have become a full-blast cold. Thankfully, Eze took me home soon enough (in the way bought me a carton of orange juice) ... i slept the rest of Sunday and I felt way better.
Eze: Thanx for being there for me, even when I'm not exactly all there for you all the time. Nine months have proved to me that this relationship not only has the solid qualities of a long-time relationship, but still retains the magic of the first few months. Maybe the times we can have just the two of us are few, but they make up for it. I'm looking forward to many many more months, years, AGES! with you ("AGES" ... sound more like a menace, huh?) I LOVE YOU!

No comments:
Post a Comment