Monday, May 30, 2005



It had to happen. After 3 consecutive weekends of spending hours to no end (pleasant and not-so-pleasant) with my family, I had to escape.

Friday night - Eze complied with my whim to go to El Hipopótamo, a Spanish-owned (I think) small restaurant. I had this craving for Serrano ham and some beer, and I got it. Some quality time with Eze, followed by a nice hang-out at El Jíbaro (Río Piedras) with him and Cristina and Syndia (is that what the name is spelled like?). A few beers, too much rain for my taste, and some music. The night ended early. I had to wake up early.

Saturday started early, at about 7:30AM. Eze surprised me by getting up and joining me in my quest for: 1) the dashboard centeriece that was missing for my car, 2) my car's license, 3) my brother's birthday gift. Then I took him to the supermarket. The idea was to get some water (I think). He ended up making some full-fledged grocery shopping. Dropped him off at his apartment and headed home. Whatever happenned that afternoon is blurry. I know I helped some with the laundry, and I know I did some exercise. But it's blurry to me. The day started again when I headed out to the radio station with my sister. A mellow evening of music and gossiping a bit with friends. Then to drop my sister and her girlfriend off. Stopped by the 7-11 to wait a bit for Eze. Had a nice time there (who knew a convenience store would make such a comfy place to talk about whatever, just like in El Cojo, but without the alcohol?). Then I followed Eze home.

Sunday started off with Hotel Rwanda, the telling of a genocide in Rwanda in 1994. Suffice it to say this movie makes you ashamed of being alive. I cried much less than I felt like crying. It broke my heart and I was unable to follow the plan of watching Dogville after that. We dawdled a little after that and then Eze surprised me yet again, and decided to join me to Border's Cafe in Escorial. Mari was supposed to bring some plugs. I have it in mind to get a 4 gauge on each earlobe. She wasn't able to get the plugs she wanted to give me, so it will have to wait a bit longer. However, she and Pepe got me the following belated birthday presents:

A black T-shirt with this design on it:



Another gray shirt with a design of Alice (in Wonderland? Through the Looking Glass? who knows ... ^_^ ) with the Cheshire Cat. It reads something to the effect of "I am not all there" ... these shirts were in my Wishful Thinking list since I saw them. Mari and Pepe are the best! Thanx, guys!

Plus Mari went and gave me something unexpected:


Miyuki-chan in Wonderland

A Japanese anime adaptation of Alice in Wonderland. Quirky. Sexy. Over the top. ^_^ Good thing to really start a collection of Alice in Wonderland stuff (plus I bought the actual books on Saturday, to read them through for real - not the adapted-for-children stuff I read years and years ago).

The night ended too early, I'd say. But then again, this morning I woke up with some difficulty. Sometimes thing work out for the better.

No comments: